Helping practices to be their best.
DPA / MM 2
- Established community-focused practice with a 10-year history
- Collegiate work environment with excellent practice management, administration and nursing support
- Ability to manage and maintain flexible working schedules and independence
- Loyal patient base with ongoing high demand
- Great earning potential
Family Health Care Mackay is a well-established group of four medical centres. Located close to Mackay’s northern beaches, the Rural View practice is a mixed billing, AGPAL-accredited medical centre open seven days.
Due to ongoing high patient demand, we have an exciting opportunity for a General Practitioner seeking full-time or part-time sessions to join Family Health Care Mackay Rural View. Doctors building their practice in our clinic are supported by our experienced practice management, administrative and nursing teams. Teamwork is highly valued and encouraged in our practice, enabling doctors to offer high-quality patient care in a relaxed and friendly environment.
Our modern clinic boasts eight full-size consulting rooms and a spacious treatment room with state-of-the-art medical equipment. It is conveniently located in a health care ‘hub’ sharing a large car park with multiple other health and medical services, including on-site pathology, a colonics clinic, a chemist, a physiotherapist, a podiatrist and a dentist. The well-known complex sits just off the busy Mackay-Bucasia Road with speciality shops, cafes, supermarkets, and a bowls club nearby.
Commonly known as the Mackay-Whitsunday Region, the Mackay area is home to approximately 120,000 residents. It is well-known for its relaxed “country meets coast” lifestyle, sugar cane fields, and friendly, down-to-earth locals.
Enjoy the cooling sea breezes from this north Mackay suburb that is around 12 kilometres from the CBD and a short drive to the very popular northern beaches suburbs of Bucasia and Dolphin Heads. Rural View is a newer suburb with modern housing and is home to many young families, making it ideal for settling long-term or raising a family. It has a busy neighbourhood centre, kindergarten, retirement village and recreational spaces that will see Rural View remain a key link between the northern beaches and the CBD. It also focuses on "family-friendly" and provides bike trails, walking tracks, and children's playgrounds in its green spaces.
How Better Medical can support you
Better Medical is a doctor-led owner and operator of high-quality general practices across Australia.
We proudly offer high-quality management services and facilities for doctors and passionately believe that primary care needs to be locally focused. That is why our group of practices are locally managed, regionally connected, and centrally supported. Our ethos is simple – to support doctors to provide high-quality care to their patients and local communities.
We support some of Australia’s best GPs, and we pride ourselves on:
- Ensuring the right cultural fit for both the GP and the practice;
- Centralised expertise, including IT, marketing, human resources, and payroll;
- The delivery of excellence in clinical care, underpinned by clinician support of our Clinical Advisory Board;
- Great earning potential for doctors with competitive market rates;
- Enabling doctors to manage and maintain flexible working schedules and promoting independence;
- Providing opportunities for professional development, including the development of specialist skills;
- Our commitment to technological innovation in primary care; and
- Focussing on our people to make sure we’re looking after them.
For more information about Better Medical, please visit www.bettermedical.com.au
How to show your interest
Please click the ‘Apply now’ button at the top of the screen and fill in the short Expression of Interest Form. We will be in contact shortly.
1 Old Eimeo Rd
Rural View QLD 4740
(07) 4594 8866 | View website