Helping practices to be their best.

Whilst studying abroad in Australia, being sick or experiencing health concerns can be a stressful and confusing situation away from home. If you have taken out your OSHC, a BetterMedical GP can consult with you about any medical concerns and provide you with medical advice for a range of issues.

What Is OSHC (Overseas Student Health Cover)?

As an international student in Australia, you are required to take our Overseas Student Health Cover as you are most likely not eligible for medicare. There are six insurers that offer OSHC: Allianz Global Assistance, BUPA Australia, Medibank Private, nib, CBHS, and ahm Health Insurance. You can take out your insurance directly through their websites.

This insurance will help cover medical costs if you become unwell or are injured.

Doctor's Appointment as an International Student

If you require a doctor's appointment during your time in Australia, contact you local BetterMedical clinic to understand you appointment and payment options.