Helping practices to be their best.
DPA / MM 5
- Community-focused practice at the heart of the Huon Valley
- DPA location only 35 minutes from Hobart
- Clinic with a family feel where GPs have served the local community for over 30 years
- Loyal and growing patient base
- Competitive joining incentives and great earning potential
Huon Doctors is based at the heart of the beautiful Huon Valley, where GPs have been providing high-quality care to the community for over 30 years. Providing the opportunity to live a country lifestyle with hikes, waterfalls and mountains on your doorstep, surrounded by some of Tasmania’s best food and drink producers yet only 35 minutes drive from Hobart, this DPA location offers the chance to live the Tasmanian dream. Due to an upcoming departure, there is currently an opportunity for an experienced General Practitioner to join this collegiate and fun team.
Medical centre snapshot
- Classic country-style practice with a community focus
- Six well-lit, large and well-laid-out consulting rooms
- DPA and MMM5 location
- Large treatment room for procedures and dealing with emergency requirements
- Family like environment with an outstanding team of nurses and administration staff, plus a passionate and supportive Practice Manager
- A collegiate work environment with monthly clinical meetings run by the GPs and planned around meeting CPD requirements
- Loyal patient base who know the staff by name
- Partnered with a local Aged Care facility
- Mixed billing practice with strong new patient demand
- Open Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Located in the centre of Huonville close to the Huon Community Health Centre, which houses a range of community and rural health services
- Innovative practice optimising online bookings, e-scripts, e-referrals, and video telehealth
Huonville is the largest town in the beautiful Huon Valley, a stunning part of Tasmania renowned for producing some of the state’s best cider, wine, fruit, vegetables and salmon. With a thriving music and arts scene driven by events such as the Huon Valley Mid Winter Festival, Cygnet Folk Festival and Taste of the Huon, the community continues to attract new arrivals who fall in love with the area after visiting as tourists. With great hikes, waterfalls and mountains on your doorstep, Huonville is also well located for access to the incredible South Coast Track, Bruny Island and Southwest National Park.
How Better Medical can support you
Better Medical is a doctor-led owner and operator of high-quality general practices across Australia.
We proudly offer high-quality management services and facilities for doctors and passionately believe that primary care needs to be locally focused. That is why our group of practices are locally managed, regionally connected, and centrally supported. Our ethos is simple – to support doctors to provide high-quality care to their patients and local communities.
We support some of Australia’s best GPs, and we pride ourselves on:
- Ensuring the right cultural fit for both the GP and the practice;
- Centralised expertise, including IT, marketing, human resources, and payroll;
- The delivery of excellence in clinical care, underpinned by clinician support of our Clinical Advisory Board;
- Great earning potential for doctors with competitive market rates;
- Enabling doctors to manage and maintain flexible working schedules and promoting independence;
- Providing opportunities for professional development, including the development of specialist skills;
- Our commitment to technological innovation in primary care; and
- Focussing on our people to make sure we’re looking after them.
For more information about Better Medical, please visit www.bettermedical.com.au
How to show your interest
Please click the ‘Apply now’ button at the top of the screen and fill in the short Expression of Interest Form. We will be in contact shortly.
49 Main St
Huonville TAS 7109
(03) 6264 1666 | View website