Helping practices to be their best.
Better Medical’s industry-leading Registrar Training Program provides a practical training experience that exceeds RACGP requirements for Registrars – from placement to Fellowship, and beyond.
Overseen by our experienced Director of Clinical Education, Dr. Jarrod Brumby, Better Medical’s team of high-quality Supervisors are well supported to deliver unparalleled KFP and RCE exam preparation, regular clinical skills sessions, and much more. In fact, 100% of Better Medical’s Registrars who have followed our program have obtained Fellowship – a statistic that we’re proud of and eager to protect!
Better Medical’s highly successful Registrar Training Program offers:
- Ongoing internal group education events
- Practical clinical skills sessions (e.g. skin biopsy techniques, application of fibreglass casting)
- Professional development including;
- Clinical topics (e.g. common upper limb presentations)
- Organisational areas (e.g. financial and business advice on becoming a contractor GP)
- Annual Better Medical CPD Day
- KFP exam preparation training
- RCE preparation sessions
- In-clinic supervised consulting sessions and education
- Support with clinical audits
- Access to training videos
- External education opportunities, and
- Exposure to a variety of fields.
Our promise is to be better in everything we do, and our Registrar Training Program is no exception.
With many Registrars choosing to continue with Better Medical as a contractor GP after Fellowship, it’s easy to see why.
Because as a Registrar with Better Medical, you will also receive:
We alleviate the stress and confusion often associated with arranging a Registrar placement by liaising with regional training providers and Medicare on your behalf to complete the necessary AGPT Application documentation.
Better Medical’s growing group of medical practices includes clinics located in rural areas, providing Registrars with an opportunity to undertake a rural placement.
Rural practice provides Registrars with a greater variety of presentations and an opportunity to offer local treatment for a broader range of procedural services. In addition, several of Better Medical’s rural GPs have extended skills in other areas such as obstetrics and anaesthetics, giving scope for exposure to this learning.
High quality supervision and support
Better Medical has a large group of high-quality primary and secondary Supervisors who provide ongoing clinical support to Registrars, with regular meetings tailored to your placement level.
Our growing team of practice nurses also provide daily support to Registrars in patient care, clinical care, and care planning.
We pride ourselves in the delivery of operational excellence, underpinned by access to:
- Robust policies, procedures, and systems developed by Better Medical’s doctor-led Clinical Advisory Board, aimed at minimising risk for you and our clinics
- Modern equipment, including equipment to support your special interests or skills
- Key support functions, including clinical, operational, administration, payroll, marketing, human resources, property, and IT, and
- Ongoing support from the broader Better Medical network, including the wider Registrar group and medical teams.
For further information on Better Medical’s Registrar Training Program, please submit an Enquiries Form.