Helping practices to be their best.
Better Medical’s industry-leading Registrar Training Program provides a practical training experience that exceeds RACGP requirements for Registrars – from placement to Fellowship and beyond.
We have several accredited Registrar training practices across Queensland, Victoria, South Australia, and Tasmania. If you would like more information about these opportunities, please submit an Expression of Interest Form below, and we'll be in contact soon.
Overseen by our experienced Director of Clinical Education, Dr Jarrod Brumby, a group of high-quality Supervisors are well supported to deliver a high-quality training experience to all our Registrars.
Introduced in 2017 and developed over the last five years, Better Medical Registrars have exclusive access to the original KFP Coach program. This program was created by Dr Jarrod Brumby and provides real-time feedback on your KFP preparation. It has provided our Registrars with a huge advantage in passing the KFP exam, where we continue to deliver a 92% success rate!
Better Medical’s highly successful Registrar Training Program offers:
- Registrar-specific internal group education events
- Clinical skills training sessions (e.g., skin biopsy techniques, application of fibreglass casting)
- Professional development including;
- Grand Round webinars (monthly)
- Financial Well-being (e.g., financial and business advice on navigating a future as an independent or employee GP)
- Annual Better Medical Clinical Update Day
- KFP Coach Exam preparation training
- Support with clinical audits
- Access to training videos
- External education opportunities
- Exposure to a variety of subspecialty fields, and
- Potential ability to rotate through MMM1-5 locations.
Our promise is to be better in everything we do, and our Registrar Training Program is no exception. With many Registrars choosing to continue with Better Medical as an independent GP after Fellowship, it’s easy to see why.
Because as a Registrar with Better Medical, you will also receive:
We alleviate the stress and confusion often associated with arranging a Registrar placement by liaising with all appropriate stakeholders, including Medicare and your regional training provider.
Better Medical’s growing group of medical practices includes clinics located in rural areas, providing Registrars with an opportunity to undertake a rural placement.
Rural practice provides Registrars with a greater variety of presentations and an opportunity to offer local treatment for a broader range of procedural services. In addition, several GPs practising in a rural Better Medical clinic have extended skills in other areas, such as obstetrics and anaesthetics, giving scope for exposure to this learning.
High-quality supervision and support
Better Medical has a large group of high-quality primary and secondary Supervisors who provide ongoing clinical support to Registrars, with regular meetings tailored to your placement level.
Our growing team of practice nurses also provide daily support to Registrars in patient care, clinical care, and care planning.
We pride ourselves in the delivery of operational excellence, underpinned by access to:
- Robust policies, procedures, and systems developed by Better Medical’s doctor-led Clinical Advisory Board, aimed at minimising risk for you and our clinics
- Modern equipment, including equipment to support your special interests or skills
- Key support functions, including clinical, operational, administration, payroll, marketing, human resources, property, and IT; and
- Ongoing support from the broader Better Medical network, including the wider Registrar group and medical teams.
Want more information?
If you would like more information about Better Medical's Registrar opportunities, please submit an Expression of Interest Form below, and we'll be in contact soon.
Expression of Interest - Registrar Opportunities
If you would like more information about Better Medical’s industry-leading Registrar Training Program, please submit an Expression of Interest Form below, and we'll be in contact soon.